The Netbox Project
Welcome to the Project information site for Netbox!
- If you are looking for the regional sites, please choose one of the regions on the right:
The aim of NetBox is “to pilot and validate a model for educationally self-sufficient rural communities where traditional consumers of educational services can become producers of educational services and content”.
As a consortium, we are working alongside six rural communities across Europe to champion the Netbox project. These communities are identifing and harnessing all available skill, knowledge and educational assets locally in order to address identified educational needs within their local communities.
The objectives of NetBox are to:
- develop a new model for lifelong learning in small rural communities that considerably increases the range and availability of educational services and supports
- create a greater sense of community engaging local residents, service providers and businesses toward a common set of goals
- foster the development of many kinds of learning in the selected rural communities
- encourage local educational partnerships
- promote inter-cultural awareness by linking online learning communities in the different pilot communities through
Consortium partners are using best practice in online learning, social networking design and a blend of Asset Based Community Development and Needs-based Community Development approaches to achieve the aims and objectives of the project.